Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Point is, it's a big game cartridge and as such it's recoil should be acceptable in that role.

Acceptable to who? An acceptable amount of recoil is about as subjective as you can get, a point lost on many.

I'd wager that many who buy this will use it for long-range steel and target shooting. Can you tell me what "acceptable recoil" is for that application?

Maybe if you read a little you would have noticed some were comparing it to a 300 mag launching 180 grain pills. Laffin

That's bullshit and anyone who has shot rifles very long knows it.

If you look at recoil generated by big game rifles in use today, this one isn't near the top. JB said it would probably generate the recoil of a 7 mag shooting 140 pills.

So I stand by my statement that the recoil in this rifle will be acceptable in a big game application by a vast majority of hunters.

Let me connect the dots for you... The 7 mag is one of the most popular cartridges in use today. So obviously many find its recoil acceptable.

Think a little, if a 7mag is acceptable, why wouldn't this be? Sounds line you're hunting an excuse to dislike it, just picked the wrong reason.

Again- if this offering doesn't sell, it won't be because it kicked to hard.