Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Went from "barrel burner" to "kicks too much" and no one shot,seen or owns a 26 Nosler yet,only on the internet.

That's right, no one has seen one yet. So Nosler can claim "greatest thing since sliced bread status" without making any available, but no one is allowed to question that without having shot one? Is that how this works?

BTW, I read your post where you said barrel life is not a big deal for you and the recoil won't bother you. I wouldn't question those opinions, because it wouldn't make sense to. That's what works for you. And you came to those opinions without having shot one.

Thing is, if someone else says barrel life matters and they'd rather shoot something with less recoil, those particular opinions are no less valid than yours. It's not necessarily an argument, just two different ways of looking at this.

Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'm sure the general hunting public is interested in what calibers a few members here think they should be restricted to...

One God is enough for everyone.

If you take the time to actually read the posts from some who have commented on the negative side, you'll see that one goes by 65BR and a few others have talked about wildcat alternatives like the 6.5 SAUM and 6.5-06. Seems these are not the kind of guys who are trying to limit the number of chamberings people use.

Seems the only thing people are trying to limit here is the kind of opinions expressed. Which is funny all by itself.
Nope have not shot a 26 Nos,but have shot/owned 7mm Rem mag,7mm Dakota,7mm RUM,270 Wby,257 Wby,30-06 and guess what,to me they recoil about the same. The 26 Nos is in that class of cartridges. If some one wants a cartridge with less recoil,then BUY one with less recoil and better barrel life!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken