Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Perhaps lots Of variables could come into play. There were still European powers interested in portions of North America. Great Britain, France, and the soon to be on the scene Unified Germany. Not to mention the czar and don't forget Spain

THAT's what my question addresses. wink

The west coast would be Russian, bet on it. I can also see the European powers warring over the rich middle farmlands, much of which already settled by Germans, and there was a large German population in Texas.

Spain, France, and England would have no doubt squabbled over portions of the east coast. France and Spain might have bloodied noses over the Mississippi river system.

Floridians would probably be speaking Spanish exclusively, who knows about Texas...Spanish, German...?? The rest of the southeast could well be a British colony or a little warm Canada.

The southwest sure could be under either Spanish or Mexican flags.

We just might not be one nation. shocked

Does anyone think Napoleon was really "finished"'with Louisiana after his people worked out the deal with Jefferson? He had an idea where he could invade a it would all be on the up and up!!! Breach of contract!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS