Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Now, you all quit with the TRUTH. Birdy will get his knickers all in a twist. whistle

No inconsiderable amount of irony in that statement considering the responses.

Sir, I am just quoting verbatim and entirely in-context from the text you recommended <"shrug">

Anyhoo... the fact of the Northern States freeing their slaves during or shortly after the Revolution was included because it seems most of you guys would like to write out any moral considerations at the time from the equation entirely.

At least all of you guys have been obliged to backpedal and now talk in terms of slavery not being an ONLY cause of secession (as opposed to NOT the cause) while repeatedly and falsely accusing me of stating the same wink

Probably other causes will be addressed later in the book I dunno.

Stay tuned and thanks again for the book reference.

Birdwatcher

The North didn't invade because of slavery; that's been a consistent position from those you refuse to grant any credit to at all throughout all of these threads for YEARS.

BTW - Texass seceded from Mexico, in part, because of slavery; something you refuse to admit.

Every single one of the points you've made in support of Texass secession from Mexico can be laid on top of Southern secession from the U.S., as well as the issue of slavery being a cause of Texass secession that you refuse to admit; yet, you support one while opposing the other, even in the face of your own arguments, logic, historical fact, and law.

You remain inconsistent, illogical, counterfactual, and intellectually dishonest.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.