Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Why don't you just slink back off to your barrio and enjoy your leftist world view and leave everybody alone?

Nobody around here calls it a "barrio", the people are for the most part at least third and fourth-generation Americans. Neither do I have Leftist world views <shrug>

But your further resort to insults is noted, and I will take that as a affirmative that your particular interpretations do indeed represent a minority view.

Doesn't mean they are wrong of course, just in the minority, and which may account for your present unemployment in the field. No slam intended here, I am very much aware of the present intolerance among Academia in general.

I weary of your continual drivel.

You might have a better case if you didn't repeatedly falsely represent my own statements, I can only suppose on purpose. Doesn't that qualify as "drivel"?

Anyways FWIW. some of the most vicious interchanges I have read have been in debates between published Civil War Historians, in particular surrounding Tom Carhart's book "Lost Triumph: Lee's real plan at Gettysburg and why it failed.", which book apparently ruffled some academic egos.

Birdwatcher

I don't care one way or another what you think or your opinion of me or anything else. You simply are not worth any consideration.

Just crawl back off to the HS echo chamber and be happy.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.