You've stated that Tejas had a right of secession for self-determination and self-governance.

Same ol' question: Where did I do this?

But, please continue citing a tyrannical president; it serves your position so well.

My position has always been that I would have fought to preserve the Union. To me, the whole Union IS my country. If that strikes me off of your Christmas card list I cannot help that.

Jackson's position was, in part, that the threat and validity of a state seceding was substantively no different than a county seceding from a state.

How the Confederacy woulda handled secession from the Confederacy in turn is a moot point now I guess. I had no idea before this that the whole Northern Third of Alabama, an area about the size of Maryland voted against secession. Of course voting against secession and actually opting to fight to preserve the Union were two different things.

But still, the collective Confederacy was obliged to impose its will upon some unwilling folks within its borders. How was that not tyranny?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744