Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The North didn't invade because of slavery; that's been a consistent position from those you refuse to grant any credit to at all throughout all of these threads for YEARS.

Nope. Never was my position at all.

Reading comprehension; add it to the list of things that you need to improve upon.

Those that continue to point out your shortcomings on this have been consistent that the North did not invade in order to "free the slaves"; ergo, slavery was not their motive for the war. In concert with that, the Southern states were well within their rights, as protected by the Constitution, to secede. Slavery was, whether you admit it or not, legal in the U.S. at the time and the U.S. had been a slave-nation for nearly a century. The words of Lincoln himself put his agenda on invasion on economics and on an unconstitutional edict to force states to remain in the Union when they had voted to leave.

You continue to state that slavery was the main driver; it could not have been if it were not the reason for the unconstitutional invasion and even more so if six of the eventual 13 Confederate states (and the second four to secede) did so because of the unconstitutional invasion of the original seven states.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 4ager
BTW - Texass seceded from Mexico, in part, because of slavery; something you refuse to admit.

I figure you repeatedly and willfully mispelling "Texas" that way is a miscalculation on your part. Honestly, to me it only makes you look foolish, and doubtless some other folks here find it offensive.

As for the rest, folks can see that other thread (insert eyeroll icon here).

Now, back to the topic please....

Birdwatcher

You can't stay on topic. The intentional misspelling counters your intentional obfuscation of fact. When you learn consistency and logic, I'll return the favor by spelling the slave-nation that seceded from Mexico in part due to slavery correctly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.