Originally Posted by hillbillybear
There was also another smaller conflict that broke out in 1900 that is often overlooked. The Boxer Rebellion.

Exactly. Lots of stuff going on, and who is to say what would have happened to our own imperial Manifest Destiny expansion (something a lot of folks here with issues outside our shores conveniently hide behind Manifest Destiny that was nothing more than imperial expansion and destruction of several native geopolitical entities (Indian Nations)) had the North and South competed for the Territories, coupled with all the unrest in Mexico? The Brits, although siding with the South for obvious reasons, would (and did) changed sides to suit their own national interests. Like I said, all conjecture, but at least in my view, the United States didn't turn out so bad, that is until my aforementioned stuff happened.

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/07/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”