Originally Posted by huntsman22
found the usual handful of junk, but a dandy little quartz bird point, too....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by huntsman22
another handful of scraps, a crude point and a chunk of the motherstone the point came from(I believe)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Huntsman
This thread is new to me but have been looking through it have seen many cool artifacts. The tiny clear point above is likely a true arrow head. Those that are larger are probably dart points - tipping a removable shaft (dart) that was on a short spear thrown by an atl-atl. The small diamond shaped gray and buff colored "point" in the second frame may be the remains of a discarded knife. Up in the Texas panhandle there was found what was called the alternately beveled diamond shaped knife. The were found by the hundreds. As more research was conducted, a sequence of construction was noted the "knife" was actually constructed as a long oval and one end was hafted as the flint dulled it was resharpened on alternate sides until it was not useful any more then the ends were switched and and the process was repeated. When when no longer useful it was discarded thus the alternately beveled diamond shaped "knife" was actually a discard. That small point reminded me and got me wondering whether it was a small discarded knife.

Last edited by Prwlr; 08/20/16.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.