Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Huntsman and Slumlord, why do you imagine you find so much stuff in your area.?

Do you think it's because at one time your area was a prime hunting ground and the natives lost tons of arrows and spears chasing game around your areas?

As easily as you find them and in such quantity, there must be a literal ton of them lying in your neck of the woods...

Your areas must have been a great place to grab a seat and knapp some flint...
the spots I hunt were once 'barrens' or Kentucky prairie for Eastern buffalo and elk. Obviously after the mega-fauna was expended, the above with plentiful deer were good staples for meat and skins.

the one spot I'm frequenting as of late has 1/2 dozen upper magnitude springs surface springs. I'm certain without a doubt these were major draws for hunting camps and eventually communities of all three stages of Archaic habitation. I have even found one base of a fluted Clovis on this spot too. There is a documented Clovis workshop a few miles from my spot.

the rivers around here undercut st. louis and st genevieve limestone which has embedded chert nodules in it about the size of softballs. These were preferred for heat treatment.

the other locations I visit, are pock-marked with hundreds of karst depressions which may I hypothesize were watering holes and/or wallows for larger animals during the post glaciation heat up. (it was a warmer climate then some say). So also, these depressions were most likely chocked full of turtles and easy killins. Ducks too.

any river bank in Tn or Ky with a flat top bench above the flood plain is practically a given for leftovers from pre-historic hunters/gathers and even later agricultural based inhabitations.