Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by GeoW
With so many flint knappers chipping out arrowheads now how would one authenticate a find... to another in doubt? No, not talking about SandBilly friend's find but in general.

you have to send them off and get them papered. Perino was the big authenticator, atleast 20 years ago he was. My father and a really good friend of his got into some expensive stuff. As a teenager I'd go with them to artifact shows throughout the southeast. Good times.

Living in Macon by the ocmulgee river, my father got access to farm land next to it, spend many a days looking for arrowheads.

The really fancy stuff you just arent going to find without drilling or digging...which is a no no.

Souvenir ones sold
Versus
Real ones found

The patina consistency of souvenir ones and perfect flaking pattern versus the inconsistencies in patina over time and flaking of real ones.

Sometimes in collections for sale whereever like at the triangle flea market here in town or at a gunshow.
You will run across ones some poser has worked with a dremel to
" fix".
SMH....

I have seen that crap....
And when ya point schit out like that.
Mr Poser who was mr SME 10 seconds ago goes into deflection let me look at that mode with a "I dont see it" excuse and a bogus "well I,ll be" or the standard "I bought them off blah blah blah" .
Hoping you leave so no one else hears the conversation.

I have sold shadow box collections of points.
Most of your buyers are old guys who cant get out and hunt them anymore.

Stone to steel type of stuff.

I got 2 killa spear points on Cookie and Rico,s headstones
1st killa spear point I find next is going on Blackjack,s headstone.

0 in my collection right now.
Khan/ wife called me up back in june to come entertain the daycare kids outta the blue at Ft Defiance a civil war place here in Town.
They was getting rained out.

It turned into show and tell arrowhead candyman handing em out.
Kids were going bonkers about em.
Nothing really special.
Brokes and grade 5 and 6 stuff.
But to them kids they were something they never seen or felt before.

Got brownie points with Khan/wife that day for being a on call "Rockstar" so to speak giving out arrowheads.

Sent some better grade 6 and 7 stuff up to Goalie cause he sent me some glock holsters earlier this summer.

It's all good...

Should be a good year for me and slumlord this winter and spring based on plowing cycle and crop rotation between the 2 majors area,s we hunt.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/14/21.