Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by rattler
my grandmother has or had a bunch of hammerstones and arrow points, infact there are tipi rings off of what used to be their north fields.....but after 2 generations looking over their property before i came along ive never come across anything...

anymore i hunt mainly public lands, havent seen any native artifacts but im looking at my feet as much as up looking for deer or such....where i normally hunt is part of the Hell Creek Formation and is full of dinosaur fossils, lots of cool stuff has been found by hunters out there but i havent been lucky enough to stumble on anything yet.....cant collect vertebrate fossils off public land but i can get credit for finding it grin
plow that field

Lady hunter/collector that I know, agreed to pay for plowing/ reseading a field that fifty years earlier had produced many artifacts. Field had not be cultivated for fifty years. Work was done and it rained within a couple of days, she waited another couple of days to allow the field to dry, prior to walkin it.

As soon as the sun came up she went into the field and found no artifacts but numerous footprints left by someone who had no problem with walking in the muddy field. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI