Originally Posted by simonkenton7
slumlord you are finding some beautiful points.
I found quite a few nice points, and an axe head, along the Oconee River when I used to live in central Georgia.

Now I live up in the NC mountains, haven't found a single point or pottery shard up here.
I found a quartz arrowhead up a mountain a mountain road in Swannanoa, NC. stopped to take a leak and there it was.

I find a lot of stuff like that.

stepped into a hog gut pile o-dark-thirty with renegade50, found a big nice scraper while smearing the good off my mucks.

found an 8" ceremonial Copena ovate knife sticking out of dirt bank while making a u-turn in the middle of the road one time.

there's a lot going on at the subconscious aside from luck, if you've programmed your mind to be attuned to more than one task. I guess it's like glancing at a newspaper and one single word out of thousand catches your eye and then you spend 3 minutes looking for it again at the conscious level. That happens to me often.

same with processing 9 corn rows of dirt at a fast pace for that one rock with a 1/4" square surface area of conchoidal fracturing. It just jumps out in a millisecond.Sure, I know I'm missing stuff but....
Luck helps too.

Last edited by slumlord; 04/20/15.