Originally Posted by GeoW
With so many flint knappers chipping out arrowheads now how would one authenticate a find... to another in doubt? No, not talking about SandBilly friend's find but in general.

you have to send them off and get them papered. Perino was the big authenticator, atleast 20 years ago he was. My father and a really good friend of his got into some expensive stuff. As a teenager I'd go with them to artifact shows throughout the southeast. Good times.

Living in Macon by the ocmulgee river, my father got access to farm land next to it, spend many a days looking for arrowheads.

The really fancy stuff you just arent going to find without drilling or digging...which is a no no.

I was really into the florida coral points and had a nice frame of them at one point. But sadly, dad gave them away without running it by me.

He was really into river points, and we had divers come up and find some in the ocmulgee. I remember one guy found a really nice Simpson just north of Macon in the river.

One of the worst things you can do is have a fake in your collection. It makes the entire collections questionable.

Last edited by killerv; 09/14/21.