Originally Posted by 257wby
Having boxes of arrow heads in the storage room of the museum would seem to do less for the spread of information than having them in private hands and on display. Everytime someone sees the privately held artifacts there is a discussion and exchange of information. Artifacts in museum warehouses might as well still be buried.

Man ain't that the truth. I will never ever tell or show the "expert archaeologists" what I have found or tell them where. I learned my lesson years ago. To hell with letting them have stuff to hive up and chortle over and we never get to see it again.

I found a beautiful Caddo pipe. I shallow bowl about the size of a 50 cent piece on a short stem connected to some type of animal effegy. Wolf? bear? dog? something. The lower stem was hollow like you could stick a piece of river cane in there for a stem.

I showed it to a professor from SFA State University. I even told that SOB where I found it. I was fenced off from more hunting after he talked me out of the pipe so he could "study" it. Well, he has been studying it for nearly fifty years and I never have seen it again nor has anyone I know. Never got it back and never even got a thank you or a KMA of any kind.

Cured me of telling and showing the professionals of anything I have. One being a clovis point.

Quando Omni Moritati