I tried a new strategy in my search. Usually most of us that hunt these things focus on likely camps or possible gathering areas. Sure we can find stuff there.

Well, lately I have working likely ambush scenarios out in my head. There happens to be a larger order spring and cluster complex of karst windowing with 'satellite springs' all within about a 20 acre patch of woods.

I have began to try and conceptualize likely game and hunter interactions surrounding this watering hole complex. I have no idea what the ground cover was like 8,000 years ago (5000 for Baptists). I can possibly assume that natives used a current ditchline as an ambush concealment feature to stage from as elk or bison or deer followed the gentle contour down to the water.

I also assumed that atl-atl throwers were possibly skilled out to 50yards at a baseline hypothesis. I didn't bother with wider parameters or streambed undulations of the current ditchlines.

In short, there is a hot zone about 100ft to 200ft parallel to the ditch line where I am finding many intact points and spear heads.

These large order springs would've been a major draw during the post-glacial Antithermal climatic optimum. Conditions may have been given to much warmer and drier weather than even today.

At the usual camp areas, mostly broke stuff, as if broken while being knapped.