Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
So getting permission to look for arrowheads where you're at is about as tough as getting permission to hunt game throughout the rest of the U.S..?
yes! lots of cockblockers out there. It's always "If I let you then I gotta let the next 10 people" or "I don't want no riff-raff moochin off my property" or "my nephew picks them thangs up"

which is all understandable, mainly is that so many flint hunters are tweakers (meth heads) that do it full time and strictly sell all their finds to collectors to fund their continued meth addiction. I wouldn't want those types on my land either.

However, I am fortunate, I have overlapping permission. On the main 1400 acres I visit, the owner is a co-worker and a deer hunting buddy.

the large scale farmer that leases my buddy's tillable acreage knows we both hunt artifacts AND he knows we are respectful to his row crop plantings, (obviously) my buddy gets a percentage of the proceeds from the crop sale as a bonus dividend.

....so the farm lease operator also grows corn, wheat, and late beans on 18,000 other acres in various rotations and about 11,000 acres of that he is the actual owner. He has no reservations allowing permission for us onto his other properties.

However, he is very busy guy and there are a troop of other freelancers that just parade out onto his holdings. He just doesn't enforce any restrictions, nor has time to keep after strays. He only gets worked up over people in ATVs or mud boggers zipping across fields.

He's smart enough to know that he himself trashes more with HighBoy spraying vs any occasional stompings of one-man meth head trespasser.

But generally with most other people, like say someone with 50 acres, you'd think you were asking for a kidney just for seeking permission to hunt flint. Most Tennesseans are dikkheads.They think that rusted out skeleton of a 65 mustang is worth $20,000 if you stop and ask bubba about selling it. Thank you American Pickers. crazy