Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm enjoying these stupid [bleep] who shoot the least,tryin' to talk 'em purty.(grin)

Besides the COAL concessions and bottom "metal" concessions...you'da' thunk someone woulda mentioned the best favor you can do any scope and that is max latitude in ring spacing...which is yet another area in which the Seven is mechanically slighted.

Do you think someone will be [bleep] stupid enough,to try and "brag" up a Kahles 2-7 or a Leupie 2-7. Mebbe I'll get lucky and they'll be dumb enough to try and talk boolits,comeups and POA/POI intersection downrange,as a means of quantifying the melding of twist,case length,boolit length,COAL and throat geometry. Nawwww...I'd bet they'll stay shut right the [bleep] up.(grin) Pictures would be funnier than [bleep]!

The reaffirmation(s) is really workin' well.

Laffin'!

Boxer. You are an arrogant ass.

Take a look here where I documented my Model 7 Ultralight Build

Since then I've upsized to the Low Talleys from the XLows and the Kahles has gone on. It added a couple of ounces, but the image is far better than anything else in it's size. The scope mounting length of the Model 7 is not particularly shorter than the Rem700 SA. Think about it for half a second and the gracious thing to do is apologise. But you won't, because you are arrogant.

Since being finished my rifle has accounted for two deer, and easily a dozen pigs. I only use it when I'm going up the steep hills, I prefer my heavier but handier Ruger No.1 for general walking about hunting.

The 260 I'm finishing off will be used on the local deer and the wild pigs. Might even get a go on some larger critters with the 155gn Lapua Mega. You can see the layout of the Model 7 260 in the attached picture.

I wouldn't use a Model 7 for a heavyweight rig, and if you are intent on throwing the VLD type bullets it would also not be my choice. I would probably go with a Rem700 clone, or a Howa action.

Don't talk the Model 7 down because they don't make a good basis for your pretend sniper rifle, most of us have grown up, passed that stage, and hunt with rifles that we kill with at normal hunting ranges. For walkabout hunting in the hills (not sitting in a treestand waiting for something to come by) only a fool carries more weight than they need to. The Model 7 does make a good basis for your normal hunting rifle, you know those ranges between 50 and 300 where most shots are taken on normal game.

Attached Images
Barrelled Action SM.jpg (72.46 KB, 114 downloads)