These type of debates crack me up. So many posting opinions based solely on their emotions or what they have "heard." Accuracy trumps horsepower every single time. While Ive never been to Africa, I spend more time in the bush guiding hunters, trappers, and fishermen in a average year than most do in a lifetime... in an average year I will spend 8-9 months in the bush. The lowly 308 Winchester will stop an interior grizzly quite nicely if good bullets are used, and put in the right spot. I know because Ive done it more than once. The 338 Federal is another great round for this type of stuff and I have used it extensively since it first came out. Lots of stuff happens in the bush every year that the vast majority of hunters ( or anyone else for that matter) never hear about. Suffice it to say that dozens of aggressive predators are killed every year with 303s, 30-30s, the old russian mosins, and similar calibers. The trappers, subsistent hunters, and prospectors that use them understand what most don't....accuracy trumps horsepower every single time. I doubt Africa is much different. I know a fellow over there that swears by the 9.3....for everything. But he can shoot wink