Angus,

Congratulations on your Googling. I read everything you've so far quoted previously, often several years ago, including some that have never appeared on the Internet, because they the results of field experiments performed by bullet companies that have never been made public. There are many contradictions in Nathan Foster's writing on "hydrostatic shock," including more formal studies that have found physical evidence of such damage with bullets at much lower velocities than he cites. Then, of course, there's always the definition of "hydrostatic shock," which varies considerably, depending on who's talking or writing. I have read and heard several definitions, but juice flying out of the far side of a tomato can is a first.

I have seen lung tissue "blown" out the far side of Cape buffalo with solids bullets at very moderate muzzle velocities. Is that evidence of hydrostatic shock, or just a big bullet pushing stuff in front of it?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck