Originally Posted by Angus1895

He professes the European aim point is the front " rostral" part of the front leg and the center of the neck. He called it the autonomic reflex I believe. I term it the brachial plexus and I try more for the center of the front leg. Could it be Us North Americans are expecting our cake and eating it too. As in expecting a DRT response on a meat saver shot placement?

I mentioned the brachial plexus a couple of times, including right back on the first page of all this:

FWIW for putting an animal on the ground DRT I prefer, as a general thing and if the opportunity is there, to put a shot into the CNS, such as either with a neck shot or shot through the shoulder blade to the spine. I've put a good number of animals of various sizes nose-first into the dirt with one or the other, including from full gallop. The bullet through the shoulder blade to the spine will often scatter bone fragments into the artery and nerve junction (brachial plexus) in that region as well. Of course the price to be paid is that you damage more meat, where that is a factor, than you would with a shot into the chest cavity. The shot to the chest also gives you rather more room for error.

AFAIK the shot into the shoulderblade is called a "blattschuss" in German.