First of all Thank you Dan_oz. I am gobsmacked by your support. Truly.

Let me try my latest postulate.

If energy is in fact measured in the definition of momentum, plus if in fact any definition of collision all energy is not lost just simply not fully conserved.

And the loss of such energy is not predictable.

And if the energy is lost it happens inside the wound channel.

And if losing energy inside a wound channel is beneficial to achieve the desired effect

To not use energy prior to the arrival of the projectile to the wound channel as a way to compare or quantitate " dosage" of effectiveness or performance in a cartridge used to harvest game seemslike a good thing to consider ( 2 achieve the desired effect)

Kinda like do I give the cow 30 cc of oxytetracyline 300 mg per ml. Or 60 cc? ( an antibiotic for bacterial infection) this antibiotics effectiveness is bacteria stactic and dosage dependent. Now of course I should consider the mass of the animal to determine how much I should administer. I want to have it work and stop the bacterial infection. But I don't want to compromise the event by overdosage.

Now wether or not I go I.V. Or P.O. Or I.M. ( intravenous, per oral, or Intramuscular) or the carrier base etc, etc.will also be very crucial to treatment success, but certainley the amount of the antibiotic administered will also make or break the deal.

Just my observation.

But please show where in this individual post of 13 pages I personally said much about energy being paramount. Or " The Single Thing". If I did in fact say those things I am in error and apologize.

But I certainley consider energy in cup and core bullet " dosages".

I think velocity may be more important to consider in monolithic "treatment"

There was a wonderful Terminal Ballistic test run here on the campfire some years back. I was amazed at how well the 130 grain 30 caliber Barnes fared. It was shooting bovine leg bone point blank, then measuring wet paper penetration. Really well written study IMO.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Therefore shot placement, attitude of animal, yardage, environment, weather, most of these things we cannot control.....only adapt to and consider at the time of the harvest event .....but we can select the accuracy, bore weight, sectional density and Ballistic Coefficient etc,etc.,and or lack thereof, and energy potiential of the cartridge prior to the harvest event.

All these things I am going to reccomend levels on based on harvest event scenario ,and all of these parameters I feel are worth considering. So I will continue to consider.

I also feel I should limit my thoughts and suggestions to standard yardages. I E under 500 yards in the future.

Just something 2 ponder.

Last edited by Angus1895; 08/17/17.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills