Thanks, John that is exactly what I was trying to convey. I just left out the "Hornady". That little pill punches way above it's weight. As to the 375, I tried it with a Sierra 300 gr. The exit hole was huge on the doe I killed but she ran at least 80 yards. Never with the little pill. THe 100gr TTSX also appears as deadly, but that "universe" of sample is quite small so far. Also, Roy Weatherby also writes the most spectacular kills (and failures) were with the 87 gr 257 ON ZEBRA! I think the Partition is THE happy medium you speak of and probably "operator error" on my part, but out of all the bullets I've tried, they are by far the hardest to group. My 257 7mm Weatheby hate them, as does my 7RM Model 70, but my 300 Weatherby likes them and that is what I used in Africa w great results. Lastly, I've also had a great deal of luck with the Interlocks at 3006 velocities, BUT a friend of mine had terrible luck with them with the 300gr in his 375, failing to penetrate on buffalo and although I've not tried them, LOTS of bad reviews on the Hornady DGX on the larger bores.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”