You need to read the article more closely: there's a big difference in curriculum rigor between a Mechanical Engineering Technology degree and a Mechanical Engineering degree. That distinction can generally be applied to students of same...

The shotgun and the tattooed fatty are what kept this a fair 1:1 fight, with predictable results. The "bikers" in this case had no intentions other than gang-beating down the truck driver. There is no other reason for confronting him as they did. They are extremely lucky.

From what we saw of how the bikers rode as a group, if their average group speed was less than the speed limit, they should not be surprised if someone passes them and merges into their midst. Not that passing them is the right thing to do, but play stupid games and you reap the reward. I generally pre-judge grouped crotch rocketeers as I do grouped spandex bicyclists: not favorably.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The guy quoted in the article is a 21 yo Mechanical Engineering student. Knowing the type I'd be surprised if he's ever been arrested. Can't say I the same for fat belly guy, who flashes his tattoo as evidence he was the "real deal". Coincidentally or not Mechanical Engineering motorcycle guy reports that his 60 yo assailant informs him he is the real deal too, ie a Hell's Angel.

As for the camera not catching the original incident, GoPro batteries run out, so they likely had it off when just droning along as their account suggests, being as they say Truck Guy was actually passing the column of nine motorcycles before merging back into them (a typical move, had people very nearly run me off the asphalt three times myself; once by a Mexican on the loop in Houston, once by an old guy in an RV in the Hill County, and once by a guy so old he prob'ly never even saw me.) At the start of the video one motorcyclist is seen motioning to the video guy to turn on his camera.

My guess is the actual "bikers" here were the the pickup truck crew, hence the nature of their actions.

Two actors already in custody, more charges pending. All the motorcycle guys got was a few bruises and a valuable lesson about stupity. So far they are coming out way ahead of the truck guys,