That's no excuse for wearing a fanny pack.

Waistband carry is out. Shoulder holster can work if you plan on never removing your heavy jacket all day. Then too if you should happen to wreck you have a hunk of steel against your rib cage.

Most common carry I saw was in a holster in a tank bag. Advantage of a waist pack is ya ain't leaving on it on your bike, but if you have to, you can put the waist pack in your tank bag or whatever without revealing the handgun.

I'm talking 30 years back, though we all visit and stay in touch. Soon as I was legal I favored a .38 Airweight in a fanny pack, I'm also recalling among my friends a 1911 Officer's Model, a Beretta 92, one of them COP four shot derringers, a Ruger Security Six, a way cool S&W five shot .44 snub revolver and one woman who carried a .25 ACP and was convinced of its lethality. Funny how you can remember guns like they were people.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744