Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hastings
I will be surprised if a Pawnee County Oklahoma jury would convict the truck driver. All a jury has to have is reasonable doubt to acquit. I would have been in fear for my family in this situation. It will be hard for the prosecution to show that there wasn't a self defense motive guiding the truck drivers actions or to show these actions to be excessive. He called for help and neutralized the person closest to his wife and children. Police response cannot be counted on in rural areas. They could easily be 30 miles away. This case will be decided in rural Oklahoma, not San Francisco or New York. We will see.

Prosecution counsel will ask him why if he were in fear for his life did he not call (or have his wife call) 911 too. Prosecution will ask him how he managed to pass the motorcyclists on one road, but couldn't find the horsepower to pull away on the ambush road. Prosecution will ask him what imminent physical threat he faced when he stepped out of his truck with his brother providing shotgun cover. But then again, it is Oklahoma, so who knows what you'll get in a jury.
POTY material right here folks. I nominate Barnard with no further ado.