You need to read the article more closely: there's a big difference in curriculum rigor between a Mechanical Engineering Technology degree and a Mechanical Engineering degree. That distinction can generally be applied to students of same...

Fair enough.

The "bikers" in this case had no intentions other than gang-beating down the truck driver. There is no other reason for confronting him as they did.

There's an news article out there where the "bikers" were actually on a pack of scooters plus a couple of motorcycles riding some miles to a motorcycle race, taking back roads and pegged flat out at 45mph. Truck guy #1 was passing the long group climbing a blind hill and was obliged to merge back into them.

I seriously doubt the scooter guys were planning a "gang-beating", unless some of them have an prior arrest record for the same. Clearly, they were all in a tizzy about something.

I think, coming from the world they live in, they were planning to give the guy a stern verbal dressing-down and go about their way.

They are extremely lucky.

Agreed. Consider the breathtaking degree of stupidity involved in chasing down most any good ol' country boy in his pickup with a pack of scooters, especially a guy driving with his wife and kids. Off the scale stupid.

We know that Fat Belly guy was a several times convicted felon, I dunno about the other participants, but that could explain the paucity of firearms involved (several truck guys, only one firearm?).

If they really were Hell's Angels in their civvies, perhaps they were all gathered in one place doing whatever Hell's Angels do and then they got the call. That could explain their rapid roadblock setup.

Whatever the truth, Fat Belly guy and the other truck guys were also stupid for not realizing that most EVERYTHING you do now, especially when confronting Millenials, is gonna be recorded, multiple times over.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744