Originally Posted by Fireball2
Don't matter wtf truck guy did. He could have cut them off in traffic, don't matter. You've never been cut off in traffic? Did you follow the dude for 20 minutes screaming obscenities at him, trying to get him to pull over? Phouk no, because you knew you would probably get your ass kicked for acting like an idiot.

I try to empathize with people when I review an unfortunate event like this. I imagined myself being in Family Man's shoes. If I accidentally cut off some folks on a motorcycle I'd probably feel badly about it. When they pulled up next to me and started screaming at me, I'd apologize. In fact, I have done that very thing. I changed lanes one time without clearing my blind spot and cut off a young man in the process. He came hauling ass up beside me. He was gesticulating wildly and appeared to be screaming. I bumped my forehead into the palm of my hand and lipped "I'm sorry" in an effort to let him know I knew I had made a mistake and regretted it. It seemed to have a disarming effect as he smiled, gave a thumbs up and went on his way.

It is only now that I learned I made a mistake. I should have doubled down. Maybe flipped him off or mouthed F*#k you to him. At any rate, I am seeing now that adamantly declining to deescalate, rounding up the armed posse and beating him down was the correct course of action.