Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
[quote=PaulBarnard]Cool story. Have anything to back up your narrative?

I got the fact that I didn't own a car until age 40, the previous 12 years and 250,000 miles were all on motorcycles, my only transportation during that period, most of my riding being at high speed in rural Texas. I have spend much time around every demographic involved in that video. I see it the same way Paul B. does.

Do the "motorcyclists" you ride with that pack heat confront families in road worthy vehicles?

No need to put "motorcyclists" in quotes Bub. What we are getting is this was a convoy of 9 or 12 college guys, on their way to a motorcycle race. At least half the group is on these little all-terrain moped deals, on which this lengthy expedition musta seemed funny at the time.

Speaking in generalities, "biker" conveys a different mindset: Extreme conformity of image. Louder, slower motorcycles. Alcohol rather than caffeine, and a much higher degree of interpersonal violence, implied and/or expressed.

If I'm in a pickup with my wife and kids and I'm in a long-running road rage incident with 9 to 12 individuals, first thing I do is call the Sheriff. I do this because if this thing progresses to deadly force, I need this whole situation documented. Likewise me and/or my wife are recording the whole deal on our phones.

Instead this guy calls his buddies, they have enough time to assemble and set up a roadblock while truck guy cruises along slow enough for at least 20 minutes slow enough that the mopeds can keep up.

Once at the roadblock truck guy parks his truck, with his wife and kids in it, right in the middle of the event, not the action of a man afraid for his children. He gets out of his truck, is not worried about the other 8 to 11 moped guys, his buddies have them covered. Instead he concentrates on loudmouth, immediately initiates a beat- down, specifically tries to hit loudmouth in the face to break bones even after he's down, closes with a stomp on the chest and a vicious kick to the ribs on the prostrate and I resisting Loudmouth.

Loudmouth, fortunately for both parties, escapes serious injury due to full face helmet and the fact that truck guy is wearing loafers rather than boots.

Extreme stupidity on the part of college guys for continuing this at all, let alone allowing themselves to be drawn into a trap.

Extreme stupidity on the part of bikers (as at least two out of the three principal actors self-identified as being) for assuming none of the college guys were armed ( just dumb luck this thing didn't devolve into shots fired), and for failing to anticipate the whole thing would end up on YouTube.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744