It's not the miles its the style birdman.

Of course, and you Sir have shown yourself to be yet another 'Fire member with an extraordinary resume cool Kinda restores one's faith in the 'Fire.

This thread is right up my street, or was.

Until my mid-thirties I basically lived off of whatever motorcycle I was riding, apartment because I had to, no furniture at all, quite a lot of women. Rode all year round, all kind of weather, over much of the US. I got normal when I moved in with the wife and her young son. Headed back that way now that I'm alone again, but this time around its more likely to be about bicycles and sailboats. Regardless, its gonna take a few years to get unencumbered .

I will say having done both, crossing the Continent on a motorcycle don't even come close to doing the same on a bicycle when it comes to the coolness factor, tho this ain't apparent to the casual spectator, including women which is sad.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744