Originally Posted by Hesp
Have you ever considered the Barnes 7mm 150gr TTSX with a BC of .450. It would give a flatter trajectory . Also a faster time of flight making it less vulnerable to wind drift. Just a thought. Would be glad to furnish you with Barnes drop figures if interested.
The difference between a 140gr (.434 BC) and 150gr (.456 BC) Partition at Five Hundred Yards (500 yds) 2800 muzzle is .01/sec Time of Flight, 1.5 inch 10 MPH Wind Drift, and 1.1 inch bullet drop.

That Barnes, I’m sure, falls somewhere close around there, so…

To tell you the truth, I really don’t sit around pondering over .01/sec difference or 1.5 inch drift or drop @ 500 when the Partition has been pretty kind to me on the dance floor, since the 1990’s, with all 300+ score Bulls (self-guided) out to a quarter of a mile with one shot DRT kills.

My batting average is .667

I think I’ll keep swinging a Partition bat even though it’s all about putting a round elongated chunk of metal in the boiler room ultimately, no matter the brand or weight, and I really don’t feel like disassembling my hand loads to gain .01/sec - .05/sec when I can spend that time enjoying reading on here about other outdoorsman’s adventures. smile

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 08/18/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)