Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Could you please measure the OAL on that one

[Linked Image]

2.848”-2.850” (which is why I only use a comparator these days, try measuring Partitions from the tip)

The OAL exceeds magazine length. I swapped the short action bolt stop out for a long action stop, and I’m using .30-06 length magazines.

My nephew found accuracy within short action length, around 2.824” if memory serves.

P

Yeah I know what you mean about OALs and I wouldn't ask if we were talking about partitions or hps but I have found the plastic tipped bullets pretty good
The reason I ask is that I am having no luck getting better than 1.5 moa with the 150s in a proven gun loading from jammed to magazine length, even though the 162s are easy to tune

I'm not pharm, but you should probably be asking how far off the lands he runs those. Every rifle is different when it comes to throat length, due to erosion and manufacture tolerances. From what little I've messed with the 150 ELDX, I found a good load that shoots sub moa in a winchester model 70 featherweight, by running them .020" off the lands. Also, for a hunting rifle, it is never a good idea to "jam" the bullets into the lands. You need to find where those lands are and set your own oal.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA