Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Could you please measure the OAL on that one

[Linked Image]

2.848”-2.850” (which is why I only use a comparator these days, try measuring Partitions from the tip)

The OAL exceeds magazine length. I swapped the short action bolt stop out for a long action stop, and I’m using .30-06 length magazines.

My nephew found accuracy within short action length, around 2.824” if memory serves.

P

Yeah I know what you mean about OALs and I wouldn't ask if we were talking about partitions or hps but I have found the plastic tipped bullets pretty good
The reason I ask is that I am having no luck getting better than 1.5 moa with the 150s in a proven gun loading from jammed to magazine length, even though the 162s are easy to tune

To the OP, I apologize for the hijack.

For seating depth I use the Berger method.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/getting-the-best-precision-and-accuracy-from-vld-bullets-in-your-rifle/

I find velocity first, then I load cartridges. My longest length just kisses the lands (the mark left on the bullet by the lands is square). Then I come back .04” four times. When I find a node I load .02” over and .02” under.

It’s been working so far.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001