Elkslayer91,

IMO, you're embarrassing yourself...350 yard zero? Really?

Its been my experience after a lot of years of hunting, that most people, in particular the less experienced, get crap advice like you're trying to pawn off. Again, in my limited experience of 38 years of hunting MT, WY, CO, NM, AZ, etc. I've seen a metric chit ton more game shot OVER than under. IMO, the average hunter would be much better off with a 150-200 yard zero as a vast majority of your best opportunities at game come at under 200 yards.

What you're recommending is to set yourself up for the few times that a person shoots over 250 yards, which, again IME, is relatively rare in comparison to the opportunities under 250.

That makes no sense to me for the average guy.

I personally use a 250 yard zero, but I'm very aware of the highest point of trajectory and where that is...and what it means on POA/POI when near that maximum trajectory height. Anything past 300, I twist turrets.

I have my stuff set up for where shot opportunities happen the most often, not the exception.

Oh...and yesterday morning, elk number 71 for me, and my 14th with my 7-08 (all with 140 AB's) 273 yards:

[Linked Image]