Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

While you are check and click click'ing, a man with a 350 yd zero rifle is putting the crosshairs on the boiler room and pulling the trigger. By the time you get through check and click click'ing, that Bull just might have walked behind trees in a heavy covered area on the side of that ridge, and you can't/won't see him walking off through the trees...never to be seen again during your hunt.

I know of what I'm talking about. I hunt a ranch as I just described. There's a reason you count horns with your scope in certain hunting environments.

So, so, so. You are shooting at Elk that "may" be 500 yards away-you don't know, because you have't ranged them, remember you didn't check- -

Let’see. Hmmm.
I ‘ve never stated I “don’t” use a rangefinder. When you’ve hunted the same place for over 20 years, you really don’t need to “range” the areas you “normally” glass and know the landmark distances out to 400, 450, 500…do you?

that are possibly moving in and out of trees in "a heavy covered area"?
If you knew anything about hunting ridges close to one another with a small valley separating you, and you also know how elk move…stop…graze…move…stop…graze. If you have “actually” hunted the deep back country ridges and Black Timber, you would know what I’m talking about…but you don’t.

Some of these guys know what they are talking about and can spot the BS way past 500.
Yeah, 4K – 20K+ posts will make a keyboard elk hunter look real smart to another keyboard elk hunter, won’t it?

You should stick to shooting tables.
Who needs a shooting table when they consistently tag 300+ class Bulls. I’ll just stick to shooting 300+ class Bulls…yooooou can stick to your keyboard and the shooting tables.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)