Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by rosco1

The crowd is tough around here..it’s because they all know how full of [bleep] you are.

And another who quotes the article, but obviously his intellect denies him the ability to dispute it with any factual evidence.

You know Mouthrunner91, a forum is kind of like life. When you run across one a$$hole, you ran across an a$$hole. When everyone you run across is an a$$hole, kinda like in this thread for you.... you're the a$$hole. You have not convinced anyone on this thread that you have a clue of what your talking about and only confirmed everyone's thought that you are, in fact, an a$$hole. Let it go....

DAMN! I wish I's said that. I am somewhat surprised this thread didn't turn into a mega pissing match sooner that it did. could think of a nasty comment or two against a certain individual but that would just be urinating up a rope. whistle

Many here have a hell of a lot more experience on elk that I do although I have hunted since age 11. Killed my first deer on Labor Day weekend with my Great grandfather's old M94 30-30. Didn't really get serious until age 16. Hunted almost ever year after that to this date, the only exception was when I was doing my military service. Got into hunting elk fairly late and have only taken all of 8 so far. Dunno if I'll get to go again as I turned 80 last month and the knees are gone. My outfitter got booked up early so I missed out. frown I'm hoping he gets a cancellation.

Many years ago, I read in one of Lyman's load manuals where there was a piece on sighting in 3" high at 100 yards for an MPBR. I've been doing it that way ever since and in all those years I've only lost two animals. One was because of a way too tough bullet and a blood trail that quickly petered out. The other was because my foot slipped on loose rock and totaled my right knee. My point being MPBR has worked for my probably 99.9 percent of the time for deer and the few elk I've taken. The one exception was a cow elk at a lasered 530 yards up in Area 1 in the White Mountains of Arizona. Rifle was a .300 Win. Mag. pushing a 200 gr. Speer hot core at 2900 FPS. I held just a hair over her back and dropped the bullet into a neat lung shot.

FWIW, my normal elk rifle is a .35 Whelen custom pushing the 225 gr. TSX at 2710 MV. One elk was taken with a 30-06 due to the crosshairs in the .35 became discombooberated and was flopping around.

Old Elmer Keith once said that he preferred to let every man scratch his own fleas in whatever manner he chooses.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE