[Linked Image]

The bullet on the left is what remains of a Nosler 6.5 125gr Partition fired from my 260 Rem. . It now weights 87grs. It was recovered from the off side of a mature muley buck I took in 2016. The range was about 80 yds. No bone was struck
The bullet on the right is a Barnes 120gr TSX recovered from the dirt back stop behind my 100yd target. It was fired from my 260 Rem at 3004 fps.. It still weights 120grs. When a bullet sheds weight it looses momentum thus penetration is reduced. Any bullet with a lead core sheds weight upon striking game. The Barnes homogeneous copper bullets tend to retain 100% of their weight which retains momentum thus greater penetration. Me & mine have been taking elk for many years. I have taken a fair amount of elk in my younger days with the 338 mag, 300mags & the 7mag. We have used many different brands & types of bullets. To date the Barnes TTSX & TSX have proven totally reliable. I base this on years of in the field experience for my self & observing elk taken by others. A tough deep penetrating bullet " properly" placed is key.