Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Trystan said .284" bullets were stuck in a rut when it comes to high BCs. Just pointing out some of the bullets that are out there that contradict his claim.

No! That's not what I said..........i said it was stuck in a rut as in there are smaller calibers that are suited better for deer hunting and there are larger calibers suited better for elk hunting. The seven sits right in the middle floating around like a redheaded stepchild that runs to fast for the special Olympics but is to slow for the real Olympics. 😒😁😁😁

Trystan

I doubt that there are bigger calibers better suited to elk hunting than 7mm. Seriously. With the bullets available today, I very much doubt that. In fact, I dare say that statement is just plain wrong.

I also doubt that any human walking could differentiate the wound channels between animals killed with a 270 vs 280AI, and I'd say the same regarding the difference in animal response to being hit between those two. Hell, the deer I've killed with 223 react exactly like the ones I've killed with 2x the caliber or 2.5x the powder. And elk can't be trusted to respond to being hit at all, regardless of what I've hit them with, or seen them hit with.

I do appreciate the quadruple-hair-splitting going on here though. An exemplary pre-season campfire thread!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.