Originally Posted by T_Inman
Then why isn't that 4 horned monstrosity dead? That was an easy TOO, no?

No mounting required, unless you're at least a 12 pack deep.

Then, all bets are off.

Deal with it.

How to say this without coming across negatively.

The four horned sheep in the Picture was on the occasion of the 2017 24hr. Campfire Hog Hunt.

These are the reasons I did not shoot it.

This part of the Thompson Ranch is high fenced, probably 5,000 acres or so in this "trap". I don't hunt high fence for "game". Don't have a problem with anyone else doing it. As a rule, I don't.
BTW, I consider hoglets to be "vermin", not game, even though they may be the best tasting bullet test media to date.

I eschew paid hunts where I have to use the services of a guide. All of the animals on my wall were taken DIY, by me, with the exception of one sheep. and a bear rug (which is on the floor). The sheep, I watched guy on the hunt with me do an archery kill. He did not pick up at the Taxidermist and I got a call to see if I wanted it.

The bear was taken on a "hound hunt". I did the hunt mainly to introduce a young man to the thrill of hunting and being in camp with quality guys!

If I do a paid hunt such as the 24hr Campfire hog hunt, its much more about getting together with a bunch of quality guys, an the memories made, than it is about killing hogs. As you may have noticed I kill them quite often on my own, on trespass leases that I pay for.

Finally, it would have cost $1,500 in trophy fees. The digital image was included in the price of the hunt (along with several hundred more)

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.