GW;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I trust all is well with you and you're well clear of the cold issue which is plaguing us more northern folks.

When we were in Texas last spring it was largely your fine photos which influenced me to pick up a Shiner mixed pack and I have to say that's yet another thing which I very much enjoyed down in your wonderful state. cool

In the spirit of randomness, this is what happens when BC rednecks have both their pickups in the shop, but just have to go moose hunting.
[Linked Image]

My first and only Okanagan bull - from the mountain behind the house.
[Linked Image]

Eldest was practicing a lot and decided she was going to shoot her next buck in the noggin. I said sure - just watch the body language so you know it's not going to run. That's what she did and she's pointing to the entrance hole.
[Linked Image]

Her rifle was the one she inherited from my late father. I'd picked up a near new '96 Swede in the early '80's and reworked it into a hunting rifle for him. When he wasn't able to hunt anymore he asked me to pass it onto one of his grand kids. Years later she spotted it in the safe and it was hers from then on. Not a time she uses it that I don't believe he's smiling down just like the day he got it.
[Linked Image]

I'll end with a bunch of hunting knives - some of which are now in the girls' collections I see....
[Linked Image]

Thanks again all, and the rest of you north of Texas and Florida do try to keep warm!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"