Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Texczech

[Linked Image]

GWB
What is the recipe for the one with strawberries.
It sure looks tasty! 😎

I tend to vary the quantity and variety of seasonings, but this is the basis, from which you are only limited by your imagination.

I use a crock pot, set on low, usually 8 hours +/-.

After the first go-round I take the pot liquor and put it in a plastic container with a lid and put it in the fridge. The fat will congeal with the cool temps and next day I separate the fat from the pot liquor.

(can also be served on an onion roll with or without cole slaw)

Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Tacos

Boneless pork shoulder is slow seasoned in the oven with chipotle peppers and Dr. Pepper soda pop.

Ingredients

1 large onion
5 To 7 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Pork Butt)
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (more or less as desired)
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 can (4 ounces) Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (hint, you may want to try 1 or two Chipotle peppers rather than a whole 4 oz. can)
24 ounces Dr. Pepper
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Note: I add bit of garlic powder and Slap ya' mamma or Tony Chacheries.

Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Peel the onion and cut it into wedges. Lay them in the bottom of a large dutch oven.
Generously salt and pepper the pork roast, then set it on top of the onions in the pan.
Pour the can of Chipotle peppers and adobo sauce over the pork. Add Dr Pepper and brown sugar.
Place lid tightly on pot, then set pot in the oven. Cook for at least six hours, turning roast two or three times during the cooking process. Check meat after six hours; it should be absolutely falling apart (use two forks to test.) If it’s not falling apart, return to the oven for another hour.
Remove meat from pot and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred meat, discarding large pieces of fat. Strain as much of the fat off the top of the cooking liquid as you can and discard it. There may not be much.
Return the shredded meat to the cooking liquid and keep warm until ready to serve.

http://basilmomma.com/2017/04/spicy-dr-pepper-pulled-pork.html/

ya!

GWB

Thank you very much.
My wife is going to try it this weekend.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.