Originally Posted by Diablero
Originally Posted by d500lnn

Certain older scopes are worth a considerable amount of money. Certain rifles I know will drag a premium and I get that. I have a few rifles on here now that are listed for an elderly friend. He’s priced them pretty darn close to where they should be. One I told him will never sell or be very hard. The two others are great rifles and are within $100 dollars of selling immediately. I’m confused as to why no one will even make an offer? I feel people want something for well under value so they may be able to sell and not lose either......who knows🤷🏻‍♂️

Sir I agree with your statement as well but today's generation don't don't appreciate the walnut and blue of yesteryear like some of us do and they can buy a Ruger American for $300 and it shoot just as good or better than premium rifles in the $1200 to whatever price range. I'm not a collector but if you are today, sadly I'm afraid your investments are not going to hold up.

I agree. I’m a collector of sorts. I know I don’t need all the hunting rifles that I own, but I sure like them. I’ve worked hard to build a stable of high quality rifles that I’ll have a hard time letting any of them go. I have one cheap rifle and the rest are quite nice. I’m likely done building rifles. Someone earlier eluded to the fact you can buy factory rifles with high quality components that they shoot lights out, plus have amazing fit and finish. I have a few factory configs that are truly amazing in every way. KS rifles and a Fieldcraft that is nothing short of amazing. I wouldn’t dump that rifle for what it’s “worth”....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia