I'm thinking the day has come to buy a firearm because YOU like it and not for investment. The younger people are buying the $300 plastic guns and could care less about quality. I do 3 or 4 gun shows during the winter months and hardly see any young people. I do see the same faces at many shows and they usually have gray hair. Done 3 shows this winter and sold 1 gun at each show late in the afternoon 1st day. No guns on Sundays. Sold lots of small items like powder at $20 bucks a pound, brass, and bullets. Today everyone is carrying their cell phone and looking prices up. If you are cheaper than the store they buy it and if not just they keep trucking. I did sell some knives this year that I carried around for years. I've sold off most of my Marlin collection in last couple of years and done fine and invested in river property. I am glad the firearms are gone because now I see rifles selling for less than several years ago. I keep asking why if the economy is so great, why aren't people buying firearms like years ago??

NRA Benefactor Member