There are several variables that cause this. It is definitely a “soft” market right now but it seems to have been that way for a little while now. But more importantly most people buying on the fire are either looking for a “steal” of a deal or a very specific item. If your item doesn’t fit either of those 2 descriptions you would be better off listing it on an auction site or local sportsman’s website.

Also, end of model year/discontinued/clearance sale items killed the used market. This has happened with several higher end scope lines in the last few years. And even the Leupold Freedom line scopes recently.

Another thing is some people walk into their local gun shop or sporting goods store and pay retail prices for things and then want to sell the used item online for 10-20% less than what he paid for it new. Well the problem with that is the same item can usually be purchased brand new online for a very similar price to what he is wanting for his used item. With that being said I’d spend a little extra $ to buy a new item from a store/dealer versus an individual who’s selling the same item listed as lightly used or even LNIB.

I would like to say items that are fairly priced on the fire they will sell but I have seen many items that were priced “right” recently that just sit there and sit there.

I think it not being close to hunting season hurts pricing and sales a little bit too