Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by shinbone
If the advertisement is reasonably well written with some decent photos (which many fail at), then, by definition, if it doesn't sell it is priced too high. No matter how much a person wishes their gun is worth, the market doesn't lie.

Not true. The market isn’t only where it is advertised. The potential buyer may not even be seeing the ad. There are thousands of buyers that would pay what something is worth, but don’t know where to look but the normal venues, such as retail stores.

A narrow field, such as the classifieds on the Campfire is not a real measuring stick to what value is. Just because it doesn’t sell, doesn’t mean it is priced too high, it can mean that the serious buyer doesn’t know it is for sale...

I agree. 100%

Originally Posted by iviax
Where are the quality items with a blood sale price that you are talking about?

Sako Bavarian’s you have to give away. I’ve seen some nice older Sako’s for sale priced right and no sale. I’ve seen more modern custom builds go for < $2000 that are worth more than that(yes I understand you never get your custom money back). KS mountain rifles which are arguably the best rifle big green ever produced. Sako 75 are a little harder to sell. The Ti were hot for a while but cooled off. The only ones I see that sell by big green are CDL SF or mountain guides etc.......certain KS rifles I see go for much more like the Model Seven KS in 350 Rem Mag.

As far as scopes, I feel very fortunate on these classifieds. Before free classifieds, scopes were almost give away items. A quality optic (older Leupold, Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, S&B, even older Bushnell) are worth the money.

Anyhow, I was just curious on this topic.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia