Asking prices are not to be confused with selling price. It doesn't seems those distinctions are quite understood. Markets in my venue, both local and Internet have cooled considerably. That old adage that gun prices continually rise ...has long gone he way of newspapers and local hardware stores, it has passed by. Guns are being produced in ever-increasing bulk and attract a different buyer. Quality of the higher-end guns often surpass the old collectibles. Fewer and fewer high craftsmen gunsmiths. I am a die-hard old time collector and have had to suck-it-up on falling prices, know many old timers having a hard time refocusing their thinking. Prices are soft and are not rising.

Competition shooters do not go after the old main stays, it is the new Berettas, Perrazis, Kolars,Kregioffs, etc. which have rightfully earned their place in the quality markets. CNC machining,. better materials and metals, better quality wood, younger buyers, different markets. It has hurt my collection value.

And as other say, competitive prices and using the Blue Book, just exacerbates the problem. Especially rating everything at 95 to 98%, when new can be bought with a few dollars more. 98% is ...as new just without boxes and paperwork, usually no marks or blemishes. Just from my knothole after 70 years and having enjoyed firearms of all types.