I'll be 68 this year.

I am a "junk man" at heart.

I've been buying, selling and accumulating stuff for 40 years +.

My kids are doing great and only one of them hunts and he's making more money than he can throw away and in his mid 30's has more guns than I do.

So in the future, I'm gonna get rid of some "stuff".

I can't think of anyone I'd rather have some of my "stuff" than some of the fine folks that post here.

It's hard to lose by making a profit, but on the other hand, nothing in life is free. Time and money. I don't know about y'all, but if I take my wife and kids out to dinner at a nice, or even nicer restaurant, I can spend anywhere from $100 to $1K, depending on where I go, and that experience only lasts a couple hours other than in my memory. If I've owned a knife, pistol gun or scope for years and have had the pleasure of using it, and sell it for a sum that is less than what I paid to acquire it, I consider that cheap entertainment.

Years ago I made my living for a time as a commercial real estate appraiser.

IIRC the definition of market value went something like this.........

Market value is the most probable price that a property (item or commodity) should bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of a specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer under conditions whereby:

buyer and seller are typically motivated;

both parties are well informed or well advised, and each acting in what he or she considers his/her own best interest;

a reasonable time is allowed for exposure in the open market;

payment is made in terms of cash in U.S. dollars or in terms of financial arrangements comparable thereto; and

the price represents the normal consideration for the property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concessions granted by anyone associated with the sale.

Hard to beat the market!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.