Originally Posted by warpig602
The market is soft. You also have to factor in that the tides are starting to shift from people who can appreciate the value or perhaps sentiment of something like a New have M70 Classic or JM stamped Marlin to newer shooters or a younger generation where they dont really care. In the age of Glocks and AR15's the appeal and nostalgia of Winchester levers and Colt 1911's are shrinking. Couple that with the guys who do appreciate the classics are starting to sell off their collections as they get older and you get a surplus of what were once hard to get(driving the value up) to a surplus of guns that people are slowly losing interest in(driving prices down). Today manufacturing has made getting a quality firearm more affordable for a cheaper price. Case in point, all my Model 70's say New Haven on them but my kids likely won't care.

Agree Warpig. I’m 34 and most of my friends don’t really care about the older and better quality guns, nor do they have the money to buy them. They are expensive and not a priority. That being said, if you ever have a New Haven classic stainless you want to sell, please let me know!