Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Please don't take this the wrong way. This is just my opinion. You are basing this post on the difficulty you are having selling a friends rifles or at least it seems that way. I went out and looked for some of these rifles and found 3, none of which are overpriced.

1. Kimber 84 SSV Single shot rifle - You would think that the price you have on the kimber would make it sell quick. The problem is that it is a single shot 223. In my opinion, the market is a smaller for that rifle. A kimber in 308 with an internal magazine at that price would have sold quickly
2. Custom Rifle J.W. VanPatten - Custom mausers are hard to sell in your basic market. They just are. Custom rem 700 clones are all the rage. There are people that appreciate them. You just have to find them.
3. Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless - Not to offend model 70 lovers but the model 70 does not have the market that some of the others like remington and kimber have and to sell a model 70 for that price may take longer to sell than a kimber in the same price range.

Again, no offense intended and the rifles you are selling are beautiful and are at a fair price. Its just an observation. I just think the market is smaller for those rifles which makes them harder to sell. You have to find the right market. Its kind of like trying to sell a WWII mauser in mint condtion with all the same serial numbers. You are better off going to a militaria show to sell it than selling it on this website. People will know what they are looking at and are in the market for it. I would try gunbroker.

No offense taken whatsoever ever. I agree and your words are thoughtful and taken in context. I’ve never sold a rifle on gunbroker. Probably never bought one either. I recently sold a bundle of odds and ends at a quick pace. That was great. I’m not speaking necessarily about these items I’ve listed. I just notice some other firearms and such not selling and they are priced correctly. It has everything to do with the right audience seeing the rifle and having the means to purchase the rifle(or scope, binocular, etc.) if my friend is willing to wait it out( he doesn’t need the money) and collect a fair price, then so be it. I’m just the picture taker and lister. He’s chimed in many times. Again, if anyone would really like one of these rifles contact “ via PM and I’m sure he’d be glad to chat. He’s been around a long time and knows a thing or two about hunting rifles in general. He’s got some great rifles that will take a certain customer to like, want and appreciate some of these rifles. Anyhow, thank you again for your response. Have a good one....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia