Originally Posted by boatammo
I like quality in everything and it's tough to find and expensive. The younger people 50+ and down juast buy cheap and throw it away the first time it skips a beat. 300.00 rifles now days have no charm but they shoot.

I’m under 50 and I like quality products and always have. My father taught me a strong work ethic and I have been fortunate enough to afford quite a few quality firearms and accessories. I’ve just late grown a concern that it may be impossible to sell these items when I’m completely gray and needing to sell off “stuff” so my bride won’t have to. My children will hunt and shoot with me, but aren’t crazy as I am about it. With that, I’d leave them a few rifles/pistols/shotguns behind....unless they take a big turn toward passion for quality firearms. They are pretty young so there is still hope! But I agree. I see forums full of “long range shooters” with savage axis, 10, RAR etc that are putting scopes I’ve never even heard of and calling it good.....those rifles have their place. Just not in my gun safes....it is a world full of me too, right now, and who cares about later.....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia